Monday, August 02, 2010

Picking Berries

Over the weekend we took the girls berry picking at a local farm. We all love blueberries, so we were looking forward to picking lots and being able to bring them home and make lots of yummy stuff. Well, the picking expedition did not last very long. Our one bucket barely had enough berries to cover the bottom when both girls decided they were done and ready to go play on the swingset that was set up nearby. I continued to fill the bucket out in the field while Joel took the girls to play. All of a sudden, I heard an ear-piercing scream that I recognized right away. I have to be honest: I didn't rush up to the farm house to see what was going on. I just continued to enjoy my alone time picking blueberries. I figured the girls had gotten into an argument and Joel could handle that. About ten minutes later when I got back to farm house, they girls and Joel were no where to be seen. I paid for the berries and found them in the van. Apparently, a large beetle had landed on Anna's arm and that was the end of the great outdoors for them.


The blueberries were delicious, and we were able to make a yummy coffee cake with them. But I don't think we'll be going berry picking again anytime soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and story Hill. You are such a good mom to do all this neat stuff with the girls. I loved the pictures of Norah too with the animals. Happy Anna is adjusting too! mum