Yesterday Norah and I went to an event called Touch a Truck. It was organized by our city's Parks and Rec department. Even though Norah is not necessarily into fire trucks and motorcycles, I heard there was going to be free ice cream and bounce houses, which I knew she WOULD be into. We met some friends there and spent the morning waiting in line to get inside various vehicles.
Norah wanted to take this picture for you, Papa. Even though it's a Harley.
They had a tow truck set up like a slide so the kids could climb on it. This was fun, and there was no line!
Here's Norah driving the NASCAR simulator. She was pretty excited about this one, but not as excited as she was about the city bus.
I'm glad we decided to go, and it was fun to enjoy a community event together. I ran into lots of people I knew, which made me feel very much at home here in Champaign. It has been almost a year since we've moved here, and we're so thankful for the ways God has provided for our family.
Only two more weeks of school left until summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment