Last week we drove out to Colorado for Spring Break. We enjoyed time with family, friends, and especially the Colorado sunshine that we have missed!
My sister Sara and her husband, Geoff, live in Denver, so we were able to see them. My parents drove up from NM for the week, and we rented a house in the Highlands neighborhood just west of downtown. It was fun for us to explore a different part of the city.

One day the girls and I met some of our friends for lunch in Littleton. I enjoyed catching up with the other moms while the kids played.
One night we had dinner with the Obermeyers, Braggs and Forsters. So fun to see everyone! When we first started hanging out together six years ago none of us had any kids. Now look at us!

We got to celebrate my Dad's birthday together.
On our last day there, my mom and I took the girls to the Butterfly Pavilion. It was a place we had wanted to go before but never got the chance to when we lived there. What a cool place! Both girls got to hold Rosie the tarantula. I was amazed they actually did it.
There are all kinds of different butterflies just flying all around you. We never had any land on us, but we got close enough to a few of them to see their tongues uncurl to suck nectar from a flower.

I also got to spend time with my friend Jenn and her husband, Jonathan. And on the way home we stopped in Lincoln, NE and stayed with Matt and Stacey Schafer. It was so good to see everyone, and we're thankful we were able to make the trip.
Anna still has another two weeks off school, so the Spring Break fun continues...
2 comments:
Great pictures! I shuddered thinking about that huge spider crawling on me. Very brave, girls! Loving all the sun in these pictures.
fun stuff! the butterfly pavilion looks awesome, i can't believe they held that tarantula!!! what a neat experience!
Post a Comment