Thursday, March 10, 2011

Six Years Old!

Today we celebrated Anna's 6th birthday! Joel and I are in a state of disbelief. I know we say the same thing any time one of our girls has a birthday ("I can't believe she's ___ years old!"), but for some reason this one feels more significant. Maybe it's that she's past the half a decade mark. As Joel put it, she's officially a "little kid."

We celebrated with cinnamon rolls for breakfast and she was able to open her presents before going to school. Joel, Norah and I brought treats to her classroom this afternoon, and I think that was a highlight for her. Although on the way home she said she was tired of everyone wishing her a happy birthday. Which was surprising to hear from someone who normally has no problem being the center of attention. We let her choose where to go to dinner, and she picked Texas Roadhouse only if we didn't tell anyone there that it is her birthday. She didn't want them to sing to her!
One of the presents she got was a box full of pipe cleaners of all shapes and sizes, along with some instructions for things you could make with them. It was a fun activity for us on this rainy afternoon.

We're having a party with a few of Anna's friends on Saturday evening, so she's really excited about that. More pictures to come!

Happy Birthday to our precious firstborn. We are so thankful God brought you into our family and we love seeing you grow into the unique person that He created you to be. We love you Anna Beans!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

6 does seem so old!!! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday, Anna!