Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Music Review: Deliberate Kids



It's hard to find good kids music that's not too annoying for parents to listen to. We've had our share of Veggie Tales CD's that the girls love but Joel and I grow to hate. And at the library they usually pick out something Disney. We've been trying to find some new music that is geared toward kids but communicates the truth of the Bible in a fun way that's not annoying or cheesy. I'm not even sure how we found it, but we came across Deliberate Kids. It is music by Phil and Heather Joel (Phil used to be the bassist for Newsboys). We love it! The girls and I listen to it all the time. During the winter months we like to set up obstacle courses in the house and this CD has been our soundtrack. All the songs are upbeat and based on Scripture. Joel has even incorporated the first song "Good Morning" into Sunday School at our church as kind of a theme song. Apparently there is a Deliberate Kids 2 now, but we haven't bought that one yet.

We've really enjoyed this CD, and if you are looking for some good music for your kids I encourage you to try it!

1 comment:

noahpaul said...

ooooh fun! we are always looking for something new to listen too, the boys love music and I agree, much of it is very cheesy, they don't seem to mind, but it gets old for me! right now we are rocking out to "hip hop alphabop" from the library=) so I would welcome something new!