Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our first visit from the Tooth Fairy!

Yesterday was an exciting day at our house. Anna lost her first tooth! It has been loose for months and seems to have been hanging by a thread for weeks. She returned from the neighbors' house chewing gum and I noticed her gums were bleeding. Eww. I took her to the bathroom to get a closer look and she asked me to try again to pull it out. This time, it came right out! The tooth was so tiny I almost thought I had lost it, but it was in my hand. Very exciting. Of course, Joel was at work but she wanted so badly to show him so we did it via webcam. Sometimes it blows my mind to think that my five year old knows what it means to Skype and that she would suggest doing it to show her dad her tooth.
Here's a shot of the space. Notice the gum. And the tooth next to the space that looks like it's about to pop right out. It wasn't even that loose before, but once one came out it was almost like the other one got detached in some way too.
Sure enough, she came home from school today and her tooth was pointing straight out. All I had to do was barely touch it and it fell out.
Thank goodness the tooth fairy has an assistant. Otherwise I think she might have forgotten to pick up Anna's tooth last night. :) And another visit to our house tonight. Two nights in a row. Hard to believe our little girl is old enough to be losing her teeth!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

AHH! She looks so adorable!

Nathan and Nicole said...

I can't believe how big your girls are! It goes by so fast...