Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More adventures in NM

One evening we all went to the fair, and the girls got to ride lots of fun rides. I am NOT a ride person, so I enjoyed watching them and taking advantage of the fact that Papa will ride anything so I don't have to.


Cotton candy and corn dogs for dinner. Yum!

You might remember my post about our trip to the apple orchard when Norah was very upset she didn't get to have her face painted. Well, her wish came true at the fair. Say hello to the girl with the butterfly face.
We spent a day in Albuquerque when my mom took us back to the airport to fly home. We visited the aquarium and the botanic gardens there.
The botanic gardens had a butterfly pavilion where you could walk in and see tons of butterflies flying around you. I think the girls were picturing that there would be many more butterflies, so they weren't very impressed. It was hard to get a picture because they fly so fast! Much cooler in real life.
And they had a very unique and interesting Children's Garden where everything was huge and you felt like a little bug exploring the backyard.
Thank you Granna and Papa for a fun and memorable week! We are happy to be back at home with Joel and attempting to return to the normal routine after a week away. One more week of fall break for Anna, then it's back to school again!

No comments: