The girls and I just got back from spending a week in NM with my parents. One of our favorite experiences was visiting White Sands outside of Alamogordo, NM. My parents grew up in Alamogordo and when I was growing up my grandparents and several aunts and uncles lived there, so we visited White Sands lots of times. I don't think I appreciated the natural beauty of the place when I was a kid. This time I was awestruck by the unique landscape that surrounded us. It feels like you are on a different planet, surrounded by huge dunes of white sand.
It was so much fun to play in the sand with the girls. All of us had lots of turns sledding down the dunes.


Norah LOVES playing in the sand. She could have stayed all day digging and pouring and burying things. She started calling herself the "sand princess."
This is what I remember from the times we played at White Sands growing up. Someone would always get completely buried. My dad convinced Norah to let him bury her. So fun!

2 comments:
that place looks amazing!!!! glad you had a good week with your parents. hope to see you soon!
I did the same thing when I was about Norah's age. My dad was stationed in NM. I don't have any other memory of NM except sledding down the sand dunes!!
Heidi
Post a Comment