Last week, Joel and I spent four days in the Dominican Republic to celebrate our ten year anniversary. It was wonderful. So restful and refreshing. Just what we needed. The whole time we were there, we marveled at God's perfect timing in our lives. We moved into a new house on July 1 (after being without a home of our own for a whole month), and Joel started his new job on July 2. We barely had time to get unpacked before we left for our vacation. But I think it was because all those big decisions had been made that we were able to truly relax and enjoy our time away.
We met two other couples there, the Mosers and the Lusks. Both of these couples are friends that we spent lots of time with when we were first married. We all got married the same summer and moved to Denver soon after. The Mosers even lived in the same apartment complex we did! We had so much fun being together and reflecting on the past ten years. I think Joel and I would have had a great time by ourselves, but having friends there made it even better.
We took this picture with Joel's iPhone, so it didn't turn out very well. I'm hoping Bekah took a better one of the six of us with her camera!
We spent the mornings at the pool and the afternoons at the beach enjoying the ocean breezes. The best way to relax, in my opinion!
Another fun thing was that my sister Sara and her husband Geoff were vacationing at the same resort. They came a few days after us, but we got to spend some time with them too.
This was taken with the Mosers right before we left to fly home. I asked a random guy to take a picture of the four of us, and he was really excited to do it and said he was an amateur photographer. I think he might need a little more practice. :)
Screen saver shot to remind us of our week on the beach.
The girls had a great time with my parents while we were gone. We are very thankful for our time away, but it's good to be back with our kids and starting to settle into a new routine. But Joel is trying to keep the vacation spirit alive by speaking in Spanish every so often!

1 comment:
What fun and what great friends and memories! Congrats to all of you for 10 years of marriage.
Post a Comment