Sunday, November 20, 2011

What Anna has been up to

Anna has recently been obsessed with Star Wars. A few months ago she decided to abandon all things "girly" and enter into a new phase. Her new favorite color is blue (not pink). She gave her Barbies to Norah. She no longer wears skirts. Ever. I don't remember exactly how it started, but I think she started asking questions about Star Wars and Joel sat down to watch one of the old ones with her. She was hooked. 

I do know a little bit about Star Wars since I kind of grew up with it, but I think it's safe to say she knows more than me. I think Joel has really enjoyed being able to share this with her. I had no idea that he is such a fan, but he is! So this past Saturday the library was doing a special Star Wars themed event, and of course we had to go. 

We've been to several library events before, but none are ever this crowded! There is some local organization whose members dress up as Star Wars characters, and they were there. Some of the children's librarians were dressed up as well. It was so much fun!
We were a little worried that Norah would be scared. She has not been interested in this new Star Wars phenomenon, and she says the aliens are scary. But she wanted to go with us, and guess who ended up getting her picture taken with Darth Vader? Or "Dark" Vader, as she called him. 
They gave the kids a list with names of characters, and we had to go "searching the galaxy" to find them. Which meant we walked around and around the children's department until we found every last one. The reward was a "rookie print" stamp on their list. The girls were way into it. 
There were a couple of really cute crafts too. Here's Norah with her Yoda puppet that she made. 
We love our public library! It was such a fun event, and I laughed out loud several times witnessing Storm Troopers just walking around the library. I think Joel even got a picture of one pretending to use the computers. 

Never in a million years would I ever guess Anna would be interested in Star Wars. I wonder how long it will last...

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Hilarious! Benjamin and Sam would have FLIPPED OUT at that library. I wish we could have gone with you. I can't wait to show them these pictures when they wake up. I told Benjamin that Anna was into Star Wars now and he thought that was great.