Today was Anna's last day of Kindergarten. It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by, and I am amazed at how she has grown and changed over the school year. Here is a picture of her today...

Compared to the first day of school back in August.

Her teachers sent these pictures home earlier this week. This one she drew at the end of Kindergarten.

And this is the one she drew on the first day. What a huge difference!
I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. After all, at the beginning of the year she could barely write her name. Now she can read on her own and write all kinds of words and numbers. I am so thankful for her awesome teachers and for the positive experience we've had with school this year. We had only been home about half an hour this morning and she already asked me if I know yet who her first grade teacher will be and when school starts again. Thankfully we've got a lot of fun things this summer to keep her busy!
Here's a picture of Anna's class that I took last week on a field trip. Joel and I both got to go as chaperones, and we really enjoyed interacting with her classmates and teachers. We're thankful for a great year in a class that was the perfect fit for Anna.
1 comment:
It's amazing how much they change in a year. It is still weird to me to hear Benjamin reading. I think, "When did he learn that?" Time flies. Hope to see you guys soon. Went to Taylor Lake for the first time today. It's as smelly and fun as ever. :) Love Anna's self portrait!
Post a Comment