Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

Last night we had our 3rd Annual Valentine's Day Dinner as a family. We've made it a tradition every year to make a special meal and all of us get dressed up like we're going to a fancy restaurant. The girls helped decorate the table and cook the food. To be honest, for some reason this year it seemed like a lot of work for seven minutes of actually sitting down and eating. But the girls were so excited about it, so it was worth it.

We gave them these little notebooks and pens as a Valentine from Daddy and Mommy. They are both really into drawing and writing and have already filled up several similar little notebooks, so I thought these would be a big hit. I'm not much of a gift giver, but I am realizing with these two that simple little gifts mean a lot. Or maybe it's just that they get excited about everything. Like setting the table with a pink plastic tablecloth. And Mommy wearing high heels (which I NEVER do). And the candy that was attached to the Valentine cards Anna got from her classmates (which she voluntarily shared with her sister).
Family rituals and traditions are important, and I am happy this has become one of ours!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I love this tradition! I had to laugh about it being a lot of work for 7 minutes of sitting. So true with kids this age. They will cherish the memories of those 7 minutes though.