Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What we've been up to

The past few weeks have been pretty full for us. We've enjoyed spending time with some of our neighbors as well as some of the families from church. The search committee that hired Joel organized a pool party to welcome us and for people to come and meet our family. We're settling into our summertime routine here, trying to find a good balance between fun activities and time to just relax. Anna starts Kindergarten the last week of July, which is quickly approaching!

One evening last week we ventured onto the campus of the University of Illinois. We heard that it's a fun place to walk around in the summer since there are less students. The girls had so much fun running around with Joel on the huge lawn on the Quad. I enjoyed being able to just walk at my own pace and admire all the interesting buildings. It's a beautiful campus, and there are lots of cool things to see. There's even a Chick-fil-A in the food court at the student union! We have yet to visit there, but the girls and I were pretty excited when we found out.

What's up with Norah's facial expressions in these pictures? I think maybe I asked them to say "Illinois" instead of "cheese." Not such a good idea for pictures, I guess!


We're really looking forward to some family members coming to visit us soon! The Newtons are coming next Friday and my mom comes the first week in August. We're excited to show you some of our favorite places we've discovered.

No comments: