Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kick Sleds

On our last day in Minnesota, the sun was shining and we decided to get outside. So we bundled up and headed to a nearby nature preserve planning to walk on some of the trails. 
 We came to a frozen pond with a path plowed across it. We wondered what it was for besides walking on the ice, then we spotted the Nordic kick sleds nearby. So we rented one to give it a try!
 Just walking on the frozen pond was an adventure, but the kick sleds were so fun!
 One person sits and the other person pushes. If you're really good you can put one foot on a blade and push with the other foot. 
 It was easy enough for the girls to push each other and the adults too. 


 For some reason the girls thought it was so funny to push me, so I got lots of turns. I greatly dislike being cold (I pretty much HATE it), so I don't usually play in the snow with them. I'm really glad I did it this time. 
 We warmed up with hot chocolate at Mocha Monkey, our favorite little coffee shop in the town where they live. Pops and Mum are true Minnesotans--they took the girls out sledding that very same afternoon. I opted out of that winter sports outing! But when we tucked the girls into bed that night, both of them said sledding was their favorite part of the day. 

No comments: