Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Anna's 8th Birthday: A Rainbow Party

We celebrated Anna's 8th birthday this weekend. She decided she wanted to have a party at our house for her friends, and she chose a rainbow theme. So we decided to tie dye t-shirts! We woke up that morning to a huge snowstorm, but thankfully her friends still came for the party. 


 

We didn't get to see how the shirts turned out until after the party, but Anna's and Norah's turned out great. And I've seen a few of the girls wearing theirs at school this week. It was a fun activity, but it took WAY less time than I thought. Thankfully my mom and sister came through with some creative last-minute games. 

This one was a huge hit--limbo! We played it at Norah's party last year, and Anna has wanted to do it ever since. The girls were way into it. 
 Anna chose root beer floats for her birthday treat, and Norah made up a scavenger hunt for the girls to find the root beer, which she hid under the kitchen sink. Here's the group holding their rainbow clues. 
 And a silly one too. 

My parents drove up for the occasion, and it was great to have them here. After the party, they took the girls for a sleepover at my sister's house, so Joel and I got a night to ourselves. 

The whole family went out for dinner on Anna's actual birthday, which was Sunday. She chose her favorite barbecue restaurant, Jim-n-Nick's. She's wearing her shirt from the party in this picture.
We had a great time celebrating Anna this weekend. I'm so thankful we had family here to join us! We love you, Anna Beans!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

8! I remember coming to see you in the hospital and thinking Anna was one of the most beautiful babies ever. We miss you guys. Happy Birthday, Anna!