We had a fun and relaxing day celebrating Easter yesterday!
As much as I wanted Anna to wear the cute Easter outfit my mom and I picked out for her, when she decided she didn't want to, I decided not to force her to do it. We tell our girls all the time that what is inside our hearts is more important than what we look like outside. And I feel like this year our hearts were prepared and expectant to celebrate the Resurrection, especially since we've been doing this Lent devotional activity as a family. Joel wrote the weekly lessons and we made a point to sit down once a week and do it. The girls were really into it and had lots of good questions.
After church we had lunch with some good friends who also happen to be our neighbors. Then we did an Easter egg hunt for the girls back at our house. I read an idea online about putting Lego pieces in plastic eggs instead of candy. So each girl had certain types of eggs to search for and when they found them all, they had a complete Lego set.
Usually Joel has youth group on Sunday nights so the girls and I are on our own. Last night we loved having Daddy with us! We went to the park and played frisbee (that's Anna's new favorite activity, and she's getting pretty good at it). After the girls went to bed, Joel and I finally got around to watching Coyote County Loser, which is a movie that was filmed near my hometown of Roswell, NM. And it was produced by the husband of my dear friend Laura. We really enjoyed it, and I would recommend it (you can rent it on iTunes).
We're thankful for a great day with family and friends celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord!

3 comments:
Love the Lego hunt idea! You all look wonderful and Anna is beautiful in her shorts and t-shirt! :)
obviously that was me that accidentally posted under Drew's account. Not that he would disagree with what I said but I don't think he ever comments on blogs. ha.
You are such a great mom! Your girls are beautiful inside and out. :)
Post a Comment