Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Trip to Florida

Last weekend I got to go to Florida to visit a dear friend from college. Kristin was my roommate for three years and continues to be a close friend even though we don't get to see each other very often. I got to stay in her home and get to know her precious girls, as well as meet her new little baby boy. So fun! And the warm weather was just icing on the cake.
They made an ice cream cake for me and the girls sang Happy Birthday. It's not every year I get a song by the O'Berski girls!
Joel always gives me a hard time about whenever I get together with my college girlfriends because we don't really make any plans. We just talk, eat, relax, eat some more, watch girly movies, and sometimes shop. And talk more. That's exactly what we did!
I came home on Monday, which was my actual birthday. Joel and the girls met me at the airport and took me out to lunch. The perfect ending to a fabulous birthday weekend.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

SO fun! you ladies look great--six kids later and you can still pass for college students. :)

Nathan and Nicole said...

What an amazing birthday treat! This made me miss you guys so much. Love you!