Thursday, September 24, 2009

A weekend visit from Mum

Last weekend we enjoyed a visit from Mum (Joel's mom). We have not seen her in several months, so we are so thankful she was willing to make the trip out from Minnesota. Joel preached at church on Sunday, so she got to hear his sermon. Here's a picture of the two of them and the girls after church.
As a special treat, Mum took me and the girls to the zoo. We had such a fun day seeing the animals, riding the carousel, and drinking icee drinks with special zoo straws.



Tea party! The girls made delicious-looking tea party treats out of play-doh. Anna even had hers on toothpicks like little appetizers.

We drove up to the mountains on Monday afternoon to see if the Aspen trees had changed color. The night before we went, a cold front came through so we got to see the fall colors through a blanket of snow. Very pretty, but very weird to see all the leaves still on the trees with the snow falling. We stopped at Beau Jo's for pizza on the way home.
The ever elusive family photo. This one's pretty good, though. At least we are all looking at the camera!
It was a very fun weekend together. We look forward to a trip to visit Pops and Mum and Grandmum in Minnesota later in October.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

That's a great family picture! I love Joy's hair. So pretty. I miss the Aspens! and the Newtons!

Anonymous said...

Hill, I just got my internet up. I love the pictures you took! Your family picture is so sweet! Everyone looks good. Thank you for putting that on your blog. I really enjoyed it! joy mum