Monday, May 04, 2009

Cinco de Mayo Party

Last night we had a Cinco de Mayo party with our small group, and since there are quite a few kids we got a pinata. Norah got to go first since she was the youngest.
And here's Anna taking a swing at it.
About halfway through all the kids taking their turn, someone hit the pinata off its hook so Joel decided to hang the parrot by its neck. Whatever works!
Our girls waiting for one of the older kids to bust open the pinata so they can get the candy!
After it was all over and the candy was collected, the adults sat down for cheesecake. When I noticed I hadn't seen my girls in a while, this is where I found them. They were hiding out on the side of the house by the trash cans eating their stash! Norah's got the whole parrot's tail full of Starburst. 

2 comments:

tim and kristi said...

i love the girls' strategy of candy eating :)

oberskis said...

every year, I want to have a cinco de mayo party and then it comes and goes without much thought...except I did make enchiladas this year:)