Friday, December 05, 2014

Thanksgiving with Pops, Mum, and Pete

Joel's parents came to Colorado for Thanksgiving this year. His brother Peter did too, so we enjoyed a week together. We missed Ben and his family! 

The weather was great, so one day we hiked at Evergreen Lake.
 Norah Bear!
 This was the first year I've cooked Thanksgiving. I've helped my mom and other people, but never tackled it myself. I had lots of help from the girls and Peter and Mum, and it all turned out pretty tasty. Joel carved the turkey for us. 
 Anna and Norah set the table.
 Mum loves to make sugar cookies, so she and the girls made a batch while she was here. 
 And as we do most years, we decorated the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I hardly did anything. Once Joel put up the tree, I got out the boxes and let the girls take over. They did a fabulous job!


No comments: