Saturday, October 26, 2013

The one where I brag about my kids...

This year at our school they are doing a superhero theme. At the beginning of the year all the teachers dressed up in wacky superhero costumes and took pictures to hang all over the school. The kids think it's so fun to find the picture of their teacher. We incorporate the theme into just about everything like having superhero behavior, being a super student, being a super writer, etc. 

Just last week the assistant principal started a new thing, the Lumberg Leaders board. It's a way to recognize those kids who are leaders at our school. Like most other schools, it seems like there are so many discipline problems in our classrooms that the teachers have to spend so much time correcting that behavior. The kids who do what they are supposed to do kind of fly under the radar most of the time. Thankfully, my girls have been blessed with wonderful teachers who affirm and encourage their good behavior and hard work, but I was so excited to see the school implement this program because I know there are lots of kids that deserve some recognition. 

I am proud to announce that both Newton girls were nominated for the Lumberg Leaders board! They got to dress like a superhero and have their picture taken. We are so proud of them, especially their perseverance. 


No comments: