We planted the first seeds in our community garden plot the first week of April. After several weeks of snowy days and prolonged cold temperatures, I was starting to doubt if our little seeds had survived. After consulting my garden expert (Jenn), she encouraged me to be patient and if they don't come up just to plant more. Well, they did come up! And growing like crazy now that the weather is warmer.
Here's Anna with her sugar snap peas. They are wrapping around the first level of our tepee.
We started a few seeds indoors and planted the seedlings this past weekend. These are pumpkin plants.
And some of our lettuce is ready for harvest. So we planted more. The girls each tasted a leaf and said it was delicious. I was hoping that growing our own veggies would get the girls excited about eating them!
The water supply at the garden hasn't been turned on yet due to a repair that needed to be made, so we've been hauling water over there every day. I decided to wait to plant more until the water is fixed, but now that we've had a few successes I'm kind of addicted to it. Can't wait to enjoy more fresh produce this summer!



1 comment:
Oh fun! We haven't planted yet, but Ty is building our fence today on his day off :). We're doing a
40x40, it will be interesting to see what (if anything) turns out. Enjoy your garden.
Post a Comment