Halloween was a busy day full of lots of fun things. The girls wore their costumes to school, and I started the day going with Norah's class on a field trip to Hammond's Candy Factory. Four classes full of Kindergarteners in a candy factory on Halloween--that was quite a combination! This was my group: a panda bear, Spiderman and Rapunzel.
Anna spent the weeks before Halloween deliberating about how she wanted to dress up. I think she changed her mind about ten times. I finally gave her a deadline to decide so we could put a costume together. An alien is what she picked.
Here's the alien with some friends from her class.
At the girls' school, Halloween is kind of a big deal. They have a big parade with all the students through the whole school. I didn't watch much of the parade because I was helping set up the party food in Anna's class, but I did get a quick glimpse of my panda bear as she walked past. Any time the kids are in the hall, they are supposed to cross their arms and "put a bubble in their mouths" so they don't talk. I think Norah's teacher maybe forgot to tell her that the bubble rule didn't apply to the parade!
Here's Norah with one of her friends at their class party.
So Anna got home from school and told me that she didn't want to be an alien anymore. She decided to go back to one of her original costume ideas, Princess Leia. I think she realized that her alien headband wasn't much of a costume and she wanted to do something a little more elaborate.
This year our Community Group helped to host a carnival at the girls' school to provide a safe alternative to trick-or-treating for families in our neighborhood. It was a lot of work, but turned out to be so much fun! We had over 200 people there.
Here are the girls with their good friends and our partners in ministry, the Lees, otherwise known as Peyton Manning and a dancer.
Joel and I got creative and made our own costumes. Super Dad and Super Mom!
We had some students from a local art college volunteer to do face painting and it was a huge hit!
This was the girls' favorite game: Candy Bar walk. Just like a cake walk, but the prize is a full size candy bar!
It was really neat to see everything come together and to talk with different families in our school and in our community. Maybe it will become a yearly tradition!




2 comments:
love the costumes! anna make a GREAT leia. you and joel look smashing. :)
I enjoyed these pictures so much. Thanks for posting them Hill! My favorite supermom and superdad!!Love those little girls!!! mum
Post a Comment