Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to our friends and family! We had a nice, low-key day. Joel had a very busy and full weekend at work, so it was nice to have some good family time today.

Anna decided she didn't want to wear her Easter dress to church today. She said she had a dream about it. We decided it was not a battle we wanted to fight for the sake of a cute picture!




Yesterday we went to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. It was at a Garden Center that is just down the road from us. There we got to meet the Easter bunny.
They had the hunt divided up into age groups and different sections. It was very well organized and I think that made it even more fun. I overheard one of the organizers say they hid 9000 eggs. There were signs saying to only take 10 eggs per person, but they said to disregard the signs because there were less people there than they expected. Score!

I had forgotten how much candy is involved on Easter. I didn't even buy any, but between the hunt yesterday and the hunt at church this morning, we are going to have enough treats to last months! Aunt Becky is coming to visit us next week, so maybe I'll stash some in her suitcase to take back to Chris and her students in California.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

She "had a dream about it"...that totally made me laugh out loud. Sam has been so ridiculously grouchy the past few days...I just thought while reading your blog, "Maybe it's all the candy?" Who knows. Glad you guys had a nice relaxing day! MIss you.

Kristi K said...

seriously hill - anna reminds me so much of myself as a child. know that having strong opinions is a great character trait :) something about wanting to do it our own way. thinking about you all - looks like it was a great day!

nancy said...

I love that she had a dream about her outfit...so funny!

Nathan and Nicole said...

You are such a good mom, Hoggie. :)