A few days before the wedding, my mom, sister and I took the girls to the Santa Fe Children's Museum. We had visited it when we were kids, and remembered it being a really fun place. It still is! The girls had a wonderful time. Norah loved holding this baby bunny all wrapped up like a real baby.

They both got their arms painted (instead of faces) with their item of choice. Anna chose a butterfly and Norah chose a snake. Out of all the things she could choose, she picked a snake. I'm not sure where that came from!

Here's some kind of contraption that you could stand inside and blow a bubble around you. Pretty fun!

Norah was obsessed with this little house made of adobe. She kept saying "Come in my house, guys!" We spent lots of time outside the museum and she kept wanting to go back to "her" house.

And here's one I threw in just for fun. The Newtons on the Plaza in Santa Fe. Not the best picture, but if you've ever been to Santa Fe you know about the Plaza. Anna was very excited to go see the Indians (not very politically correct, I know) there because they set up all their handmade jewelry for people to buy. As we were walking past them Anna kept asking "Where are the Indians?" I think Joel ended up bribing her with candy so she would stop saying that.
Another funny Anna story happened after the "Indian incident." We went over to the chapel where Becky was going to get married the next day so the girls could see it. The Loretto Chapel is a huge tourist attraction because it has a spiral staircase that was built by a mysterious visitor who appeared right after the Sisters prayed for someone to build the staircase. Some people believe it was St. Joseph himself and the whole thing is very miraculous. Anyway, when we visited there were lots of tourists inside the chapel and an audio recording of someone telling the story was playing. Anna was a little freaked out by all the statues portraying Christ's crucifixion and was asking me about them. Then, all of a sudden, she stopped walking, looked around and said, "Mommy, I think I hear God talking!" Since then, I've heard her say a few times that Becky got married in "the church where I heard God talking." So cute.
2 comments:
Oh my word. I totally laughed out loud about Joel bribbing Anna with candy to get her to stop saying that. Hilarious.
loved the pictures from Santa Fe..especially Norah with the bunny..tell Anna I am doing the VBS she did earlier this summer at our new church! mum
Post a Comment